Thursday, March 27, 2008

KL Trip

Okay okay, I know I had put off the KL trip for quite long since the day I came back. But please understand. I do have a job and need to sit in the office 8am-5.30pm daily during weekdays. (AND when you are in the office, the access to internet for your own personal stuff is limited, very limited)

Okay, let’s start. (I think this is going to be a long post) Basically, I can summarize my KL trip in one sentence. And that is

Walk, shop, eat, sleep
Walk, shop, eat, sleep
Walk, shop, eat, sleep
Walk, shop, eat, sleep

Walk, shop, eat, sleep

From Day 1 to Day 5. And THAT is the truth. Basically I shop from the moment I came out of LCCT air asia. Without even leaving my luggage back at the place I stay. I carry it with me to 1U. Haha… joking lah. How to shop while carrying a luggage? (I’m not that SHOPAHOLIC, k?) I left it in Cheryl’s friend’s car. *wink*

Day 1 – 1 Utama
Day 2 – Mid Valley and Gardens
Day 3 – Sungai Wang, Lot Ten, Pavilion, KLCC
Day 4 – Sunway, 1 Utama
Day 5 – Home

Well, nothing much to talk about shopping. Here’s some photo of the shopping complex and the stuffs that I bought.



Garden, beside Mid Valley


The posh Pavilion

KLCC

Some of the clothes


Next, the FOOD. OMG!! The food there at KL is mouth watering. And there are so many choices. HOW COME THERE IS NOT A SINGLE MAMAK STORE IN KUCHING? Kuchingnite, the food here in Kuching is peanuts compare to the food there in KL. The varieties available for you to choose, is like being pampered by a millionaire sugar daddy. It’s that good. *frown* No wonder I gain so much weight after I came back.

Well, to be frank, not all the food there is nice, at least base on the professionalism of my taste bud. So, I’ll divide the food into Heavenly and Hell Earthy food.

HEAVENLY
1. The mamak food.
I don’t think I need to elaborate more on the specialty and variety of mamak food. The mamak stall is always pack with people at night (Well, at least when I went there to try the food) And there is this one mamak store call the William’s (ya, he is the owner), I tell you, the food is even high class mamak food. Who serves spaghetti with soft shell crab as a dish in mamak? But the price is not normal mamak food price either. Nevertheless, it’s super yummy.


Can you believe how "big" this ribena longan is?


2. Yong Tau Fu
We had this for breakfast at Pudu. Hmmm.. now, what is the difference between the Yong Tau Fu there and here. I would say it’s the variety (again) and the service (LOL). At the table that we sat, there is actually a device with 3 buttons. One for you to order drink, one is for extra service, and the other one when you wanna pay the bill. Cool, right? Whenever you need extra help for the waiter/waiteress, just press the button and they will come serve you in a moment. Why nobody invent this in Kuching? I think it’s a great idea.


3. Donuts
Let me tell you ppl, dunkin’ donut is out of date in KL. The famous one now is the Big Apple donuts. Mentioning it in my blog now make me carve for it. Pevin, if you are reading this, don’t forget you promise to pack and ship it to me using Fedex oh…..





4. Chilli’s/TGI Friday
Western food. Sigh… (happily) Although expensive, but I must say it’s worth every single penny that you paid.







EARTHY
1. Wantan Mee
The wantan mee there is simply different from the wantan mee here. Over there in KL, the mee is Black. Ya, with soy source all over the mee and the wantan separately in a small bowl of soup. Tasteless lah in my opinion.

2. Asam Laksa
Penang asam laksa. Hehe.. I prefer Sarawak Laksa. The asam laksa there is basically eating a bowl of super sour lemon with mee. Not advisable for those with weak stomach, like me.

3. Curry Mee
Hmm.. the curry mee there is OMG super spicy lah… Guess all the food there is really “Kao” (enough) Not like here, the curry is just like normal source. Not spicy at all. Maybe that’s why I’m not use to the curry mee there. Nearly choke me when I took the first bite.


Nay.. No pic. Since it doesn't attract me.


Cinema
Next, I can’t help talking about the cinema there. Here in Kuching, with the cinema being dominated by Star Cineplex. I only went to Singapore cinema once last year. And my small little brain all this while thought that all the cinema in M’sia is the same as those available here in Kuching. Boy, how wrong am I? The cinema there in KL is worth 8 stars and those in Kch is worth 3 stars only (The more stars the better)

Here in Kuching, there is only economic class. Everyone get the same treatment. But there in KL, the cinema is divided into economic class, business class and VIP class, all depends on your affordability. If you want a nicer environment, just pay more. It’s such a good sale tactics. (Why can’t the Kch ppl learn this? Hmm.. guess the market here is just poor) Ok, back to the GSC, that day we went and have a business class movie. Haha.. Guess we are just too tired to shop anymore.


Like a big hotel's lobby


The cinema there is big, and the seats are spacious. One of the seats there is equivalent to 2 of the seats here in Star. And it’s really CLEAN there. No smelly funny smell, (one of my friend complains that when they watch the movie here in Kch, they actually think the room smell of pee) no popcorns on the seat or on the carpet on the floor. It’s like going into a fine meeting room to meet the CEO. You can even breath easier, and can have your legs crossed up in the seat (No cramp after watching the movie).

Can you believe it's actually the waiting area in the cinema?

And if you some how wanna eat in the cinema, it’s actually possible by ordering at a café and they will serve the food to you in the cinema while you are watching the movie. And the quality of the food, it’s actually quite nice. It’s like a mini restaurant standard.

Can’t wait for GSC to open at Spring.




In the end, this is how I turned out. I hate myself for uploading this pic. (But secretly I think it's cute. Haha.. Muka tembok)



Cheryl, I will remember this.. Taking this photo while I'm deeply asleep. Don't forget I got ur "Kampung" girl photo oh.. Maybe I will post it next time.. ;)



On second thoughts, I decided to delete it. (The photo) =P

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm going to KL again next week, hope can have some time to shop .. but it's only a 2 days 1 night trip. Can only shop during night time, might not have any achievement...

Dun hv any achievement also good la .. if everytime i go there and shop a lot, no money liao lo ...

RaiNboW said...

haha.. Applely, you don't have to buy so much everytime u go mah.. Since you went there often, and the time is limited for you to shop, maybe u just manage to bought one thing that u really like. I think that is very good already. ;)

JenJen's Place said...

hahahaha! ur pic! hahahaha

RaiNboW said...

Jen, extreme or not the pic? I can't believe I'm tat ... chubby ah!!