Friday, March 14, 2008

Is marriage scared

Now, most of you will probably wondering why am I putting up the topic "Is marriage sacred?". This is the topic that has been going through my mind since last night. And finally I would be able to pen it down here in my blog.

Last night, I was following my mum to go to a sister's house for our weekly church home meeting. When the meeting finish and on our way home, my mum suddenly told us that one of the lady who was attending the meeting too (a first timer, since I never saw her before) was actually abandon by her husband! Yes, you heard me correctly. ABANDON by her own husband. Somemore, during the meeting, the lady bring along two sons, who are still young, most probably around 3-5 years old only.

I'm really saddened with the situation that this world has become. Marriage is not consider as life-long nor is it sacred anymore. Where is all the bows and promises made during the wedding? (not to mention the commitment too) Imagine the young mother, who is only in her early 30's, bringing up two young children on her own. How her heart must be broken into thousand pieces when her husband left her. And the young children, what will happen to them? When they grow older and release that their own biological father actually left them. I really cannot imagine....

Here, I would like to share a story that I heard and I think it's very meaningful (To readers of Little Rainbow, by now u should know that I never really talk about religion thingy in my blog, but I would like to make an exception today) I called it the footprints story.

Here, the beach is consider the heart. When you are feeling happy, it's like walking side by side with Jesus on the beach. And from the beach floor, you will see there are 4 footprints along the trail. However, when you are facing problem or when you are depressed, there is only 2 footprints left on the beach. Why? Because you had abandon Jesus? or the other way round, Jesus abandon you?

The answer is, there are only 2 footprints left on the beach because Jesus is actually carrying us from His back. When the situation become so hard to breath, Jesus never abandon us. In fact, He willingly shoulder all our pain and burden.
*I'm not very good at telling this story, but I hope the story gets thru...

I just hope that this young lady will be able to heal as time passes. Among all the scars in the world, emotional scar is the hardest to heal.... hardest to forget.... hardest to let go.... Although she might lost hope in Human, I hope she will be able to seek santuary from God.

Let's pray this young mother will be able to stay strong for her sons' sake.

10 comments:

Rose world said...

Hi! Yes it is rather sad that marriage is no longer that sacred, and divorces or separation are getting very common nowadays. What is the meaning of marriage and love??

Yes, pray for the young mother and her children, let them be stronger every day.

JenJen's Place said...

hi Apple dear,
Dun let this scare you from experiencing the joy of love and a relationship. It is unfortunate for the young mom n children because no one should have go thru such things. But you know what, there are alot of marriages that works! I personally know that Rose and Big J are very happily married. I know I will be very happy with my babe.
I guess what I am trying to say is do your best and trust in God. ^_^

aNgeL-cuPid said...

How will the kids feel? They will grow up strong like their mum and be very faithful when it's their turn. And they will love their mum alot. That, I can be sure. It's really the hardest thing for the mother, but for the kids, she should stay strong. Though it's not an easy task, but nothing beats the love of a mother.

What is marriage...Where is the love...Where is the faith...Where is loyalty...

All these...will always be there IF the individual can stand strong and keep to it.

Marriage can be a thing to be scared of cos it's a lifetime commitment. It's about how you understand each other and is there to bear each other's weaknesses.

I was once...lost in love...giving up hopes and dreams and even love. Til now, I have yet to know what love really is.....

*a lil emo* hehe =)

eskay said...

Maybe that guy really lousy. We should look at things in two ways. Perhaps, in another way, its a blessing. She left a lousy husband.

Dav DiDi said...

Marriage is still sacred if both have faith in each other ....

Find someone that matches your character .. find someone that you loves, compatible and most important .. responsible..

But I do believes that gals should also be prepare and be strong enough to stand up .. IF one day we are left alone to take care of the family .. abandon is one of the reason .. many other factors in it..

All we can do is to have faith

RaiNboW said...

Hi Rose, ya, i really hope the young mother and her two children will be strong and get all the help needed to get through this.

RaiNboW said...

Hi Jen, thanks for the advise. It's just that sometimes we can't be 100% sure that the one we finally decide to tie the knot will treat us in this way. Which really beats me as why they would do that.
Anyway, I have faith in u and ur babe. Good luck in ur new phase of life once u go to KL. ;)

RaiNboW said...

Hi Angel-cupid, guess we can't predict the future. And what is in the past let's it be a past. All we can do is learn from the past experience and try to be a better person this time.

We can't stop loving just because we meet some lousy guys. And it's because of the past experience that make us treasure those that we are meeting now. ;)

RaiNboW said...

Hi Eskay, maybe there is a bright side to everything. But the price to pay for meeting someone wrong, I dun think it's worth it. ^_^

But i guess we can't live a prefect life. All we can do it live our life to the fullest while we are alive.

RaiNboW said...

Hi Didi, yes, I totally agree with you. We as women need to be strong, not for someone's sake, it's for our own sake. We need to love ourselves first, before somebody else can love us.