Monday, March 17, 2008

Bako Trip - II

Telok Pandan Kecil Beach

Now, our second part is to jungle trek to Telok Pandan Kecil Beach. By now, the sun is scorching hot! I can feel the sunlight penetrating into my t-shirt burning my tender skin. =P Along the way, we didn’t do much talking. All our focus was on reaching our destination soon. The sooner the better so that I can rest and get some shade away from the hot sun.

After continuing trekking for an hour, we reach the peak of a small hill where there is no trees at all. On top of the cliff where we are standing, we can oversea the beautiful beach, which is where we are heading next, Telok Pandan Kecil Beach. The surface of the rock is funny here. Apparently the cliff we are standing on has an uneven surface, with moon-like surface. We didn’t stay long at the cliff. I do not have the intention to get dehydrated up there.

The view from the peak
A very tired me. (As predicted)
Weird surface on the cliff.

Next our journey is all the way downhill. Climbing downhill is always not as hard as climbing uphill. So, within 45 min we finally reach our destination.

A very very tired ME

By then, the midday hot afternoon sun is as its full blossom, showing its powerful sunray down on us mercilessly. Once my feet touched the sandy beach, I half hearted run all across the beach to the shady area. There, sitting under the rocks (which naturally form a cave-like view) we had our picnic. After lunch we explore around while taking photos.

The cave like shady area where we are having our picnic aka lunch.

Exploring while taking photos...

More photo taking

This is the full view of the beach we are having our lunch at. Telok Pandan Kecil Beach.

Some of the weird stones there at the beach. (looks like crocodile mouth to me)

We stay around at the beach for an hour like that. After that, it’s all the way back to our point 1. Needless to say, the way back is not so tiring, (Guess my body is getting used to it) but the weather is the main culprit here. It’s just damn HOT!! Like I’m walking in a dessert. Finally around 4pm, we reach our cabin, not before I drank 1 can of 100plus and 1 big glass of cold water to stop my heat stroke.

After bath, basically we all slept like a pig until dinner time. On our way to the café, that’s when we really saw a real life pig. Cheryl’s mum called it the bearded pig. (As these pigs really go have beard on their face)

Bearded pig (An ugly creature in my opinion)

Next we talk a scroll by the beach before we had dinner. Needless to say again, the beach is such a pretty sight when it’s sunset time. Here are some of the photos….

The sunset sky

The beach during sunset (This is one of my favorite photo)

The red sky

And that marked the end of Day 1.





Next, Bako Trip – III (Attack by the Monkey)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hm... wild boar...

hey~ I'll be waiting for ur arrival.

Remember to tapau my *B-Present* eh~

HOHOHOHOHO~

RaiNboW said...

Mike~

Flying over tomorrow. I'm so excited currently. haha...

*B-Present*??

Muacks... ;)
(Nay, given liaw)