Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Terrorist

Went to watch the movie "Vantage Point" last night. A very nice movie regarding the assasination of the president of United State and terrorism in 3rd world country. Nice storyline, nice casts, indeed, an adrenaline rushing movie, especially for the last half an hour.

However, there is a scene in the movie that deeply troubled me. Apparently this group of terrorist is consist of 5 persons?? (Wtf, and they manage to abduct the President) The leader of this gang of terrorist is a person with very high IQ and EQ. And all the cunning plots as it slowly unveiled throughout the movie, you really do salute this genius.

Nevertheless, this is not the point that I would like to make. The scene that truly disturbed me is the so called "suicide bomber" scene. Yes, I had read some news about this suicide bomber in the newspaper but how disturbing it is, when I "actually" saw it in a movie. I will NEVER UNDERSTAND why there is actually a human being capable of doing this (suicide bombing). What is actually going through the mind of this suicide bomber when they decided to pull the trigger to end their life together with lots of other innocent victims?

The unforgettable suicide "aeroplane" bomber


Holy reasons such as it's for "GOD" purpose or for the benefit of all mankind? BULLSHIT!! Taking other ppl life (Which in my opinion nobody has the right to take another human's life except our Creator) then cover the "dirty" act by "coating" it with "sweet" excuses? And somehow this makes the act justifiable?? Go figure...

For me, I think this is an act of utmost cowardice and stupidity. It's everyone responsibility to ensure that we live in a safe and harmony world. More importantly, be responsible to yourself. If everyone can be a bit more nicer, a bit more caring, a bit less selfish, be a bit more tolerant, a bit less angry, then I don't think I'll need to sit here writing this.

No comments: