Saturday, February 23, 2008

The Manhattan Fish Market


The Manhattan Fish Market. At first when there is an ad outside Bouvelard asking for a fish lover vacancy, I had no idea what this shop is selling. After it is finally open, then only I knew that this is actually a restaurant which main food is FISH.



Well, this "fish market" had actually open for 1 month already but I only manage to dine in this "restaurant" tonight. When the food arrived, I have to admit, it's nice.


Manhattan Seafood Platter For Two

(Deep fried fish fillet, calamari, oysters and prawns served with chips and garlic rice)

We only order this plate of food. Since it says "for two", so we guess it's enough for the two of us. And when this dish came out, the waiter actually use a burner to bake the cheese on the prawns. In my opinion, the prawns is actually the best in the dish. At first I was reluctant to eat it since it's cover in cheese (which mean it's FATTENING) But when I finally taste the prawn, MAN~, it's indeed Y.U.M.M.Y. I ended up eating 2 out of 4 prawns.


And for dessert, we ordered Mud slides.... (As shown in the picture) By then, I was so full that I only manage to finish half of the cake. The cake is special because the middle of the cake is actually ice cream. And the whole cake, as shown, is sweet heaven chocolate. (Although might be too sweet for some but choco lover like me, it's superb, but nevertheless not too much. Too much of this and you will feel like you are eating the whole can of sugar)
The drink I ordered is actually called Sweet Alabama smoothie.


I found this on the wall of the shop. Which is funny~ So, I took a photo of it.

The Captain's Rules

Lastly, thank you Siaw for treating me to this delicious dinner. And sorry about the stain on you jeans. *wink* A lovely guy

9 comments:

JenJen's Place said...

pppstttt...ur secret admirer ha?

Colin Kueh said...

haha.. yaya may be is secret admirer...
the food look delicious but i more interested on the cakes...is there got wide range of chocolates?

RaiNboW said...

Jenjen, shhh.. it's a colleague working here too lah.. Not secret admirer. Sorry to disapppoint you. hehe...

RaiNboW said...

Colin, the cake/chocolate variety there is not much. The dessert focus more on ice-cream instead of cake/chocolate. But you really need to try on the mud slide. It's superb.

Colin Kueh said...

The guy not bad ma..keke

ok...too bad not much variety for the cakes as i think the cakes really look delicious... i hope they can have volcano slide..hahah

RaiNboW said...

Err, Colin, is volcano slide an upgrade version of mud slide?

~_~

Colin Kueh said...

Yes...upgrade version with more choc

aNgeL-cuPid said...

halo~ that guy Siaw is your friend? Kch is really small. I happened to know his bro. Btw, nice to know u. Nice blog and nice food~ =) Cheers~

RaiNboW said...

Hi angel-cupid! A very nice name. Hehe.. ya, Kch is such a small world. Siaw is actually a colleague of mine. And I did meet with Siaw's bro when I go visit his house for CNY. Hehe..

Glad that u enjoy reading this blog. Thks!