Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Being single...

Being single at the age of 26? Is it a good sign or not? Well, I can only say it depends on individual. And why suddenly i brought up this topic... Hmmm.. maybe because all of a sudden, most of my friends are getting married.. and some, even on the way of becoming a mother soon... in fact.. some is already a Mother!!
Being single in my opinion is actually does have it's advantages and disadvantages. Well, one of the disadvantages of being single I will say.. at this age is that parents or older relatives will starts their role as a "considerate" person and pester you with lots and lots of questions. Some can't even wait to become the match maker in order to earn some angpao (as extra money to play mahjung, I presume ~_~'). Anyway, during this time when you go out for a family gathering or visiting, especially during this coming CNY, I guess the questions will be repeating itself over and over again... sigh.... and then you have to have this silly smile on your face since you can't really get angry over them since they are consider "higher" ranking than you or if you show any dissatifaction and start talking a winny little bit over your normal voice.. then this rumours of "OMG, this gal is so impolite to older generation" will spread like fire over the whole continent..(that's the power of gossip) which can be shameful for your parents.. if you were in their shoes... So, what did i answer normally.. I just smile and say I want to be my daddy's little girl for 5 more years... haha... and usually they will stop asking more questions.
Another disadvantage I will say is loneliness.. that will haunt you once in a while... although you are surrounded with frens... Sometimes, like a normal outing with frens.... there are bound to be couples here and there.. and since currently.. most of my frens are either married or engaged or not available anymore.. Going out with them you will be bound to see some mushy mushy behaviour once in a while.. which will make you feel like you are the lightbulb. I can tell you very truthfully.... it's not very nice being lighbulb..... It makes you feel lonely....
However, apart from these disadvatages that I can think of... I actually ENJOY my single life. YES!! I enjoy it... and I mean it 100%. Never in my life that did I enjoy my life more than now. And why is it? Maybe because it's my previous failed relationship? or that I am working and supporting myself? or that I am finally mature and think differently than I did a couple years ago? Anyway... I guess it's the feeling of controling your life by yourself.. and enjoying all the time to do whatever that you feel like doing too.. and controlling your feeling the way you want it too... When you are in a relationship, yes, you will feel happy.. but your emotion will be govern by the other half too.... and if he did not meet your expectation, you feel frustrated and angry. I guess this is a situation where every couple will face during the gf/bf stage. And if you dun, i suggest you break up... (since you dun really like him and the least you can do is be fair to him)
Being single is nice... meaning you can have different circle of friends to do different activities. Besides that, you have more free time to do stuff that you had always wanted to but never seem to find times to do it.. (learning hip hop dance, playing piano, mountain climbing, travelling across different countries, or just lay there becoming a pig for whole day) I dun mean when you are not single you can't do it.. But the chances of doing all this is slim... and usually... being able to do so means sacrificing other stuff (ignoring your other half etc etc)
Being single does have it's good and bad.. But don't ever start a relationship just because you are lonely... or become desperate as you reach the age where majority of the society is getting into this stage (like one of my fren.. who is desperate to get a partner that he chases like 5 gals in 2 years time?? And the result? none agree to be his gf and why is it? The answer is simple.. "You are too desperate and gals dun want to start a relationship with you" That's why!!) Enjoy life as it is... Receive what life has for you and when the time is right... You will find the ONE for you. There is no rushing for this kind of stuff...... And yes, I do believe in fate.
Open your eyes, open your heart... Listen to your heart and enjoy the life while you can... as every stage of life will not repeat itself once it's gone. Since you are single now, enjoy it fully.. And when you finally find your other half... enjoy that stage of life. For now, enjoy the freedom ;) Fill your days with memory that others missed.
Hehe.. for those of you wondering how come I suddenly wrote about this kind of stuff on my blog.. let me tell you the reason... it's because I am BORED to the very bone of my body. Currently sitting in my office chair.. I feel like falling asleep if I dun busy myself doing something. Anyway, those who are curious... Yes, I am enjoying my single life now.. and loving every second of it.... ;) And am I desperate? The answer is "NO". Cuz if I am.. I would have accepted any of the guys that court me. ^_^ keke... show off kononnya...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol~ there's a few couples that I knew who actually enjoy being together n doing the all above mentioned activities together.

Being attached doesn't mean the end of social life. It's how you wish n work hard for it to be.

Cheers~ see u soon in kch.

Cya =)

RaiNboW said...

Harlow mike.. hehe.. long time din hear from u oh.. hehe.. just a personal opinion lah.. to give excuse for being single. =P

Anonymous said...

Hey, ur office work so good le, can catch snake to write so many thing, i guess these took u more than an hour gua ..

I wish i can do that ... haha ...

Anonymous said...

Wah lau.. such a long entry.

True or not wo.. sounds like you are trying too hard to say you like being single. Hahaha.

Got so many guys after you kah? Lihai lo...

I do know a lot of couples that pretty much have no social life after getting together and they don't mind it at all. Similarly, I've met couples who still hang out with their friends (me of course), but you do feel awkward after a while (so tiang lampu).

But finding someone doesn't mean sacrificing your freedom, it should mean finding someone to do ALL those activities you want to do WITH you. Remember, relationship should not a life sentence.