Friday, December 31, 2010

Bye-bye 2010, Hello 2011

2010 is going to end soon. This year has proved to be good in most ways. Had I achieve all my resolution? Sad to say that, I failed a couple of the goals. Nevertheless, it's still a fruitful year.

Fruitful year in term of the business picking up, and we don't have any more unpaid leave, but looking forward it seems like the economy is going south again. But then I will leave this problem to next year to worry about.

With year 2011 around the corner, I have a guess that this will be a turning point in my life. Embarking into a whole new journey where most of the people will eventually go as they grow older. However, nothing is confirmed yet so I will sleep on it and take the matters into hand when it really happens.

What had I learn in 2010? I guess as we grow older, it seems we are starting to have better control over ourselves. Compare to last year, the most significant growth that I see within myself is that I do not let other people control my emotions. I learn to take a step back when I'm pushed into a corner or in the verge of volcano eruption, and analyze or at least talk with a level headed voice. I learnt that when you do so, you started to see the bigger picture and able to have constructive discussion.

Greatest achievement for 2010 will be the business cum personal trip to Germany, which is like a dream came true for me. To be able to go to a country which needs 14 hrs of flight and experience a whole new culture, language, building, weather is like an eye opener for me. This trip had indeed been the most memorable trip up to now in my life.

This year had not been smooth sailing. Along the year there's up and down just like any other years. It's because of the downside that we appreciated the upturn. I realized that life is indeed numbered. I saw a few of cases this year where young children, as young as 10 years old, passed away. I saw an adult fighting for his life, so that he may live longer to see with his own eyes, his daughter grows from a girl to a young lady, to witness her graduation, her marriage, the birth of his grandchildren, and to grow old with his partner. I hope sincerely with my heart that he will be able to pull through this and to make all these into reality.

With all these happenings, it re-enforces my motto in life, which is to live life to the fullest. Tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history, and today is a gift. Treat each day as your last, and you will have less or hopefully no regrets in life.

So for year 2011, I'm going to play hard and fulfill my dreams instead of thinking I have 30-40 years of time to spend. Oh ya, and learn to enjoy God more, because without Him, I doubt my life is what it is now. Be thankful that you are still breathing, still surrounded by loved ones, and still has the ability to support yourself.

No comments: