Sunday, January 9, 2011

Semperoper or Semper Opera House @ Dresden

Semperoper Dresden

Not only one of the most beautiful opera houses in the world, the Semperoper is renowned both here and abroad for the brilliant star-studded performances by Saxon State Opera as well as numerous international guest artists. This is the home of the Staatskapelle Dresden, an orchestra which looks back on 460 years of uninterrupted music-making.



In fact, when I knew that I will be going to Germany, the first research that I had done is to find out all the available orchestra and booked in advanced before going there. However, this caused me to pay a total of EURO 28 for a ticket while my friends who decided to see last minute paying EURO 22 only (Discounted price last minute)


First went there and saw this handsome guy and showed him my online ticket.


After that I walked around and explored Semperoper and take some photos. The interior design of the Semperoper is simply amazing. It's literraly mouth-opening experience for me. It's just like stepping into a grand palace.


Finally it's time for the orchestra. Before the start of the orchestra, the following is my self-shot photo.


The theater room is simply .... how should I put it, big, spacious, well lighted and beautifully decorated. It's totally worth paying for the ticket and listen to this orchestra. The orchestra that I chose is just one single guy performing on the piano. Total 4 pieces. The funny part for me is that after each piece, the guy will stand up, and listen to all the audience clapping, then went inside the backstage, and the clapping continues.

After he went in, he went out promptly and still the clapping continues until he is seated on his piano.



After the second piece, he will went in and out, then in and out again twice, while all the time, we had to continue clapping until he is ready for his next piece seated at his beloved piano.

And this went on for the 3rd and 4th pieces (meaning he went in and out, in and out, in and out following the sequence of his piece). Now I understand how an orchestra with 4 pieces of solo piano can last for 1.5 hours. It's indeed an eye opener for me. A culture shock in fact.


Nevertheless, I'm super satisfy as I meet one of my goal in life while I'm still at my 20's, which is to listen to a life orchestra. Next goal, listen to a full orchestra which consists all the musical instruments which are the woodwinds, brass, percussion, and strings.

Details of the orchestra that I attended: (There's total of 7 , Matinee I to VII, but I attended only Matinee I)

Performed by Rudolf Buchbinder

Beethoven-Sonatenzyklus Matinee I

Ludwig van Beethoven

Sonate Nr. 1 f-Moll op. 2 Nr. 1
Sonate Nr. 10 G-Dur op. 14 Nr. 2
Sonate Nr. 13 Es-Dur op. 27 Nr. 1
Sonate Nr. 17 d-Moll op. 31 Nr. 2 »Der Sturm«
Sonate Nr. 18 Es-Dur op. 31 Nr. 3

Beethoven-Sonatenzyklus Matinee I

Ludwig van Beethoven


Sonate Nr. 1 f-Moll op. 2 Nr. 1
Sonate Nr. 10 G-Dur op. 14 Nr. 2
Sonate Nr. 13 Es-Dur op. 27 Nr. 1
Sonate Nr. 17 d-Moll op. 31 Nr. 2 »Der Sturm«
Sonate Nr. 18 Es-Dur op. 31 Nr. 3

Beethoven-Sonatenzyklus Matinee I

Ludwig van Beethoven

Sonate Nr. 1 f-Moll op. 2 Nr. 1
Sonate Nr. 10 G-Dur op. 14 Nr. 2
Sonate Nr. 13 Es-Dur op. 27 Nr. 1
Sonate Nr. 17 d-Moll op. 31 Nr. 2 »Der Sturm«
Sonate Nr. 18 Es-Dur op. 31 Nr. 3

2 comments:

Rose world said...

Beautiful! Sure a great experience, Rainbow.

RaiNboW said...

Hi Rose,
It's indeed an unforgettable experience.