Friday, March 6, 2009

Stamps, Money Collection

As usual, Friday is my off day. Off day really cannot stay at home one. Must go out kia kia or eat something = spending money. Sigh... Really have to change this habit after pay cut. Anyway, today my cousins are in Kuching, so, as the host, I bring them out for lunch. After lunch, they say they want to go Saberkas, so, I dropped them there and walked alone for my own while they shop.

While walking, I spotted this. An exhibition of stamps and foregin currency, on SALE!! which is organized by the SPNS, Sarawak Philatelic and Numismatic Society.

At the basement of Saberkas.

Stamps selling at 20cents each. Hmm.. I wonder can I sell my collection of stamps?

Hong Kong notes selling at RM85. I asked the saleman what is the purpose of buying the notes? He say for collection. Hmm... I might as well get it at the currency exchange right?

So many zeros....... With this, I'm a millionaire

Old coins selling at RM4 each. Like the Malaysia Square shape 1 cent. The uncle there told me, see, this money is from 1958, even older than you. Can keep for collection. Cheh, then I might as well keep the one cent money now (which not in use anymore) and sell it at 4 ringgit 20 years from now.




And the funny part is that, I actually saw Jay Chow's stamp selling there,


at the price of RM49.00

p/s: pls ignore my slipper in the photo.

3 comments:

eskay said...

Jul,
Force leave + Pay cut, holdn't you consider not to go kia kia and shopping so often and cut down the expenses?

RaiNboW said...

Eskay, what are you going to do staying at home? Plant mushrooms? It's better to go out and maybe you might spot some opportunity. Besides. I'm only going out kia kia. The only expenses here will be petrol money. If I stay at home, the expenses will be all those electricity bills anyway...

eskay said...

Government is giving away subsidies for Mater course and PhD course, I'm looking into it.