Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Challenge from DD

Last Friday, DD told me about a challenge in July (You can read about the post here). When I first heard about this, I was SHOCKED. And the first thing that went into my mind is that "Is this possible?"

Then I told DD this challenge is so hard. I mean, sweets, junk food, can drinks also categorised as not necassary stuff? Example during lunch, you order a plate of mee already. But somehow you still feel like having tea break and order a donut, and that is consider not necessary because in actual fact, you are not hungry and that donut is unnecessary.

Walao eh, when I first heard about this, I thought about chickening out. I know myself very well. I'm not those people with very good self-discipline. When I see something that I like, even though inside my wardrobe or somewhere in my bedroom I had similar stuff already, I will still buy it. In my mind, that's the purpose of working and earning money, right? Money are meant to be spent on yourself, to reward yourself. Not in saving and let it rot until your next generation benefit from it.

I can be very selfish sometimes. But, a person told me this instead.

Nope, you are not greedy/selfish, all "normal" human being like to enjoy. Else why do people choose heaven from hell?

Enjoy life to the fullest is my motive. How to enjoy life if you were to restrict yourself by setting very tight limit in your life and not able to enjoy it right? Well, some people will say, how about other people who is less fortunate than you. Do you ever think about their feeling? To this, I have a reply. How about those rich people? Do you think they ever care a penny about our middle class people? No, they don't give a sh!t. So, I learn it's good sometimes to be cold-hearted.

But, let's move to the main point of this post. The problem with me, is that I like challenge. Haha.. So, DD, I will be taking this challenge and see if I can do it. I mean, it's only for ONE month right? How hard can that be? I have to bear with a super negative and brainless little boss all the time and somehow I manage to survive. So, starting today, I will start with this challenge and let's cross our finger and see how long can I survive.

My bet, maybe 2 weeks the most. Anyone wanna bet? hehe...

6 comments:

Rose world said...

Life is too short to think and restrict yourself from doing this and that! You should enjoy life and what it has to offer, but then again, remember that everything should be in moderation. Too much of good thing doesnt always mean good! :)

Applely said...

Huh? I voted "NO" , haha ..

I just came back from the wholesale vege market, spent around 10 bucks again on fruits .. And i'm drinking fruit juice now ..

I also cant resist having something for tea break, and my favourite food for tea break is koko-crunch with fresh milk. Koko-crunch is so damn expensive nowadays..

And i keep on thinking to buy that facial product from L'occitant .. Arrggg ... Haiz .. big spender!

RaiNboW said...

Hi Rose, thanks for the advice. I totally agree with you.

RaiNboW said...

Applely, remember I bought facial product costing me RM300++ in March? For me, I think we should pamper ourselves. Don't think too much. Just go and buy it and reward yourself. ;)

Dav DiDi said...

Errrmmm .... i wonder if you can make it for 2 wks .. hahaha ...

In fact I have difficulties as well .. Everise got some sort of sales ... sport pant less than rm10 .. omost bought it last weekend but then tahan myself..

After all, Aug gonna be mega sale, right? hahaha .. save now, spend big later

Applely said...

Didi, save the RM10, buy Nike sport pants next time.. wait for Lea-sport Centre half price sale.